The change of seasons is an ideal time to reorganize your closets. Unused items could be clogging up your closet space and adding unneeded anxiety to your day. Follow these easy tips to clean out and reorganize your closet using smart storage solutions!
- Devise a plan, gather storage bins, and take inventory of the space.
- Empty your entire closet if space permits or work section by section.
- Sort into piles: keep, store, donate, sell, or trash.
- Consider your storage materials. Wire racks come in the form of closet organizers and allow for adding baskets, clothing rods and other components.
- Organize the space logically by placing everyday items on the bottom and less frequently used things on higher shelving.
- Make sure to use all empty wall space. Empty sections of walls or the backs of doors are great for hanging items such as ties, scarves, belts and bags. Baskets and hooks will help organize smaller items as well.
- Store out-of-season clothes and shoes in boxes or bins under the bed.
For more closet storage an organization tips, click here.
Tags: Home Improvement