Using pavers for outdoor living spaces is a cost-effective and simple way to turn your patio into a warm-weather oasis. Follow these tips to transform your patio in no time:
- Identify the area – Begin by choosing the area where you will be working. Ideally, this would be a flat, grassy or dirt area. If the area is not flat, it may require leveling before laying your pavers.
- Mark the space – Mark the area using landscape-marking paint or flags to help visualize what kind of stone will work best. This will allow you to determine the best shape for your pavers as well as how many you will need.
- Choose your pavers – Brick, concrete and stone pavers provide homeowners with a variety of color and texture options. Try to choose something that compliments the design elements of your home. You can purchase many different colors and textures of pavers here.
- Determine a design – Choose a design for how your pavers are laid on the patio. There are a wide variety of options for this, including geometric shapes and patterns. For design inspiration, click here.
- Landscape – Consider planting shrubs around your patio or lining it with some potted plants. This will give your paved patio a finished look and provide some privacy from the rest of your yard.
Once you have determined what your patio will look like, it is time to install your pavers. You can hire a professional to install pavers for you; or, using a little determination and elbow grease, you can likely install pavers yourself in a weekend. To learn how to install pavers, watch the video below:
Tags: Home Improvement